Fishing and Sea Angling from Rosguill, Downings, North
- Bottom: Some of the best bottom fishing in Ireland over clean
& mixed ground- plenty of fish and species
- Tory Island : Renowned for the quality of it’s reef fishing,
and a great place to go in strong winds for sheltered fishing
in the lee of the Island
- Wrecks: Within 40 miles of Downings there are 109 wrecks, including
the Audacious, a dreadnought battleship of 23,000 tons and the
Justicia of 32,000 tons, the second largest vessel afloat at the
time of her sinking in 1914
- Sheephaven and Mulroy Bays: Fish – even in a storm- for rays,
dogfish and flatfish etc.
- Blue Shark: Season: July to October. Some good sized blue shark
including the Skipper’s best of 124 pounds, caught in 1992
- Porbeagle Sharks have been increasing in numbers and size since 2006 – season June - October
- Bluefin Tuna: 344 pound Bluefin Tuna caught on October 14th,
2000 on the RosGuill’s second day fishing! Also, first Tuna in
Ireland of 2003 (507lbs) caught on the RosGuill, September 20th.
- Tope in reasonable numbers from end of May until October.
Rods, reels oilskins and tackle can be hired on a daily rate basis